Petitions / Modifications / Enforcement

Child Support Petitions / Modifications / Enforcement

If you believe you are paying too much child support or receiving an insufficient amount of child support, the family law attorneys at Gunger Law Firm can help. We can perform a guideline child support calculation to determine if the amount of support awarded in your case is appropriate. We can also make an argument for an appropriate deviation from guideline support.
We handle child support matters in a wide range of contexts, including:

  • Divorce
  • Paternity proceedings
  • Initial petitions for support
  • Modifications following a job layoff
  • Modifications following a pay raise
  • Modifications as a result of increased needs for children

To speak with a family law attorney at Gunger Law Firm about your child support matter, call 315-253.2288, or contact us by e-mail.

Child Support in New York

In the state of New York, the legislature has created child support guidelines that judges must consider when issuing a support order. However, unusual situations may warrant a deviation from the child support guidelines.

Modifications in Child Support

To obtain a modification of an existing child support order, the moving party must demonstrate that there has been a change of circumstances since the issuance of the previous child support order. A job loss, pay increase or other change in financial circumstances may warrant a child support modification.

Enforcement of Child Support Orders

If your spouse has failed to pay child support, we can file a motion with the court to compel payment of your child support award. We have helped many clients obtain the child support they are entitled to receive by law.

Contact Us

Our attorneys practice exclusively in family law. We have extensive experience in child support proceedings. To speak with a lawyer at our firm about your child support issue, contact our law office in Auburn, New York. For assistance, call 315-253.2288.